MakiBox Ramen Pellet Extruder
We've taken the same awesome heating technology as our printer hot end and put it into a compact and efficient unit for turning plastic pellets into filament for printing. We realize that for many folks, being able to experiment with different materials or to have a cheaper supply to print more things is a big deal.
The Ramen takes plastic pellets in via a hopper and collects the extruded filament on a spool for future use. It comes standard with a nozzle that will typically produce 1.70mm filament, but this may vary slightly with different materials.
In the kit:
- MakiBox Ramen Frame (Acrylic and Stainless Steel)
- Motors for Extrusion and Spooling
- Drive Electronics
- Power Supply (60W or higher, Universal Voltage)
- Extruder Barrel and 1.70mm Hot End
- Size - 300mm tall x 200mm wide x 100mm deep (approx)
- Hot End Temp - Max 300C (Able to handle most thermoplastics.)
- This product has a 10-12 week lead time in addition to transit time.
- This is based on research we have done in 2012, and will be finalized early 2013.